We know the 1st Splunk Commandment of "Thou Shalt Not Syslog Directly to Splunk". But then what do you do to easily get syslog data in to Splunk? Splunk has you covered with Splunk Connect for Syslog (SC4S). Mark Bonsack will help us understand what is SC4S, the benefits of SC4s, how to get going with SC4S, and answer your questions about SC4S.
We will be giving away two shopping trips to Amazon during our next meeting. Along with the shopping trips, there will be a global drawing for an Oculus Quest 2 (https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/) across all User Groups. Good luck everyone!
1. Attendee must register for the User Group meeting via Splunk User Groups
2. Attendee must check in to the User Group meeting via link given after registering for User Group meeting.
3. Attending can only be entered in for the drawing one time per User Group meeting.
4. Attendee can only win one prize per User Group meeting.
5. All prizes are at the discretion of Splunk and/or the User Group leader.
6. Please consult on your company and/or government on any reporting requirements for prizes.
7. Global drawing for the Oculus Quest 2 may be drawn before the meeting. 6 groups across the world will be drawn as the winners. If a User Group is drawn as a winner, they will then draw for the prize within their group. This is not a global drawing where everyone that attends is entered in to the drawing.
8. For the two shopping trips to Amazon. The winner will be able to spend up to $50 with Amazon, including shipping. The User Group Leader will order the items on behalf of the winners and the items will be shipped directly to the winner. Gift cards or cash equivalents are unable to be used as prizes per Splunk.
Thanks to Splunk Reactions for the image (https://splunkreactions.tumblr.com/post/152689300855/id-tell-you-a-joke-about-udp-but).